News

CBD oil and fibromyalgia

Posted by Ross Clark on

Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by widespread pain, exhaustion, poor sleep quality, and cognitive difficulties that sufferers often experience as brain fog. It is a contentious condition, with medical experts often disagreeing about what constitutes a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, and some debating its existence at all.    Photo by: Gina Coleman/Weedmaps For the estimated 2% to 4% of the global population who suffer from this condition, the majority of whom are women, there is an increasing interest in alternative therapies that may provide relief from the symptoms. Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is currently attracting attention as an alternative form of treatment. Research overview There is still...

Read more →

6 reasons why CBD might not be working for you

Posted by Ross Clark on

Around 70% of consumers and patients that try CBD experience noticeable benefits to their health from consuming CBD products, but what about the other 30%? While it’s unlikely that 100% of people would experience benefits from CBD, the number is most likely much higher than 70%. This is because our bodies homeostasis is regulated by the endocannabinoid system. Our bodies naturally produce endocannabinoids which attach to endocannabinoid receptors (mostly CB1 and CB2 receptors) that are found in every organ in the human body including the brain. The endocannabinoid system regulates things like mood, pain, sleep patterns, memory, inflammation amongst many...

Read more →